This Christmas favourite is quick and easy to make.
|Preparation time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking time:||5 mins|
- 3 cups (105g) crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups (160g) desiccated coconut
- 1 cup (160g) sultanas
- 1/2 cup (100g) red glace cherries, halved
- 1/2 cup (80g) blanched almonds, roasted and chopped coarsley
- 395g can NESTLÉ Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 100g copha, (white vegetable shortening), chopped coarsley
- 2/3 cup (100g) NESTLÉ White Melts, plus 1/2 cup (75g) extra
- Grease and line an 18cm x 28cm lamington pan. Combine crispy rice cereal, coconut, sultanas, cherries and almonds in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine NESTLÉ Sweetened Condensed Milk, Copha and NESTLÉ White Melts; stir over low heat until mixture is melted and smooth. Sir into dry ingredients, mixing well. Press mixture evenly into prepared pan. Refrigerate until set.
- Place extra NESTLÉ White Melts in a small microwave safe bowl; microwave uncovered on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute; stir. Repeat process in 30 second intervals until melted. Drizzle NESTLÉ White Melts over slice. Cut into slices to serve. Store covered in refrigerator.
This recipe taken from recipes.com.au and used with permission from
Nestlé Australia Ltd