Sticky Date Pudding
Delicious and easy-to-make, sure to please the whole family!
|Preparation time:||30 mins|
|Cooking time:||35 mins|
- 250 grams pitted dates, chopped
- 3/4 cup water, boiling
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 185 grams butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1 tablespoon custard powder
- 375 mL CARNATION Light & Creamy Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 cup extra brown sugar
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine dates, water and baking soda, stand 30 minutes.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and creamy, beat in eggs one at a time.
- Fold in date mixture and sifted flour.
- Spoon evenly into greased lined 20cm deep round cake tin.
- Bake in preheated oven, 50-60 minutes, or until cooked when tested.
- To make caramel sauce; combine custard powder with 1/3 cup of evaporated milk in a pan, add remaining evaporated milk, extra brown sugar and golden syrup.
- Stir over low heat until custard boils and thickens.
- Serve over pudding with ice cream.
This recipe taken from recipes.com.au and used with permission from
Nestlé Australia Ltd