Warm Spinach & Rocket Salad with Pumpkin & Hazelnuts
The earthy taste of spinach and the peppery warmth of rocket combine for an ideal winter meal creation.
|Preparation time:||10 mins|
|Cooking time:||12-15 mins|
- 150g Houston’s Farm Baby Spinach & Rocket
- 1 ½ cups peeled and cubed pumpkin (or sweet potato)
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts, roasted and roughly chopped (or walnuts)
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed with a pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
- Toss cubed pumpkin with oil, cumin and salt in a bowl.
- Spread on an oiled oven tray and bake for 12-15 mins. Place in small bowl.
- In a large bowl, mix Baby Spinach and Rocket with hazelnuts.
- Make the dressing in a small pan:
- Heat oil, add garlic/salt, stir briefly (don’t burn the garlic).
- Add balsamic vinegar and lemon juice and stir.
- Remove from heat and add black pepper.
- Pour dressing over pumpkin and toss gently.
- Fold pumpkin/dressing through the leaf/nut mixture. Top with hazelnuts.
- Serve with roasted or grilled chicken.
This recipe was provided by Houston's Farm.