Seniors Discount Day
At IGA we value and respect the contribution that our senior citizens have made over the years. That is why at IGA we're rewarding our Tasmanian Seniors Card holders with a special 5% discount on their grocery purchase at any participating IGA outlet.
To obtain the additional discount, simply shop at the participating IGA outlet on a Wednesday and present you valid and current Tasmanian Seniors Card to the cashier.
See participating IGA Seniors Discount Day outlets
The 5% Seniors Discount is calculated on the total grocer retail price excluding both GST and non eligible purchases. (See below)
Terms & Conditions
IGA Seniors Card Discount Day – TIR Terms and Conditions;
Registered Tasmanian IGA retailers will offer a 5% discount at the tender of grocery items to those customers who present their Seniors Card at the checkout subject to the program terms and conditions below.
- The ‘IGA Seniors Card Discount’ offer (the program) only operates in the state of Tasmania
- The program discounts are only available at participating IGA Tasmanian outlets as listed on the Seniors Card web site
- The customer must present a valid and legible Seniors Card that has been issued by the Tasmanian State Government at the time of purchases
- The discount only applies to all purchases made on Wednesday of each week
- The customer may be required to provide additional proof of identity at the retailers discretion
- The participating IGA Tasmanian outlet may refuse to honor the discount where they suspect fraud or otherwise may apply
- Non Eligible Purchases - The 5% Seniors Discount will not apply to the following;
- Already reduced items (specials and other marked down items)
- Cannot be used with other in-store offers such as loyalty programs
- Tobacco & Cigarettes
- Phone/recharge cards Cards
- Gift card and Gift voucher purchases
For all enquiries, please contact Tasmanian Independent Retailers on
1300 557 652.
Get your local IGA's catalogue delivered to your email every week