Penne with Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
A classic pasta that is as quick to make as it will be to finish when you’re devouring it! Tastes like Italy and is oh-so simple to create! Yum.
|Preparation time:||5 mins|
|Cooking time:||20 mins|
- 350g penne pasta
- 350g boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 200g jar sun-dried tomato pesto
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick frying pan, sauté the chicken until golden, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Blend the sun-dried tomatoes and their oil, salt and pepper, to taste, and basil in a food processor and blend until the tomatoes are finely chopped. Transfer the tomato mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the Parmesan.
- Add the pasta and chicken to the pesto and toss to coat, adding enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Season the pasta, to taste, with salt and pepper and serve.
Optional: Sprinkle with 1 cup fresh basil leaves.
Recipe supplied by 4 Ingredients & IGA Australia.