Mung Bean Avocado Salad
McKenzie’s Mung Beans are a healthy addition to any recipe. These little powerhouses are full of nutrients, providing a good source of protein and dietary fibre.
|Preparation time:||20 mins|
|Cooking time:||20 mins|
- 1/2 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup McKenzie's Mung Beans
- 1 tbs pepitas, toasted
- 1 tbs sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1/3 cup whole almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp honey
- McKenzie's Himalayan Fine Pink Salt, to taste
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Cook rice according to packet instructions until just tender, then drain and cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Cook mung beans according to packet instructions. Drain and cook. Combine into brown rice.
- Add nuts and onion to rice and bean mixture and stir to combine.
- To make dressing, combine the oil, lemon juice and honey and season to taste with salt. Add to salad and toss.
- Add coriander and avocado and gently toss. Serve.