Mandarin & Almond Cake
You’d better make double – this cake will be devoured in no time!
|Preparation time:||30 mins|
|Cooking time:||35 mins|
- 3 Mandarins
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Cup (200gm) CSR Caster Sugar
- 2 Packed Cups (340gm) Almond Meal
- Cover mandarins (skin and all) with water, bring to boil then simmer for 1 hour. Cool completely, then remove seeds and puree. Preheat oven to 160°C. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together, 5 minutes.
- Fold through the puree and almond meal. When combined, pour into a paper-lined 22cm cake tin and bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a skewer removes cleanly from the centre of the cake.
- Dust with icing sugar and decorate with mandarin segments to serve; it is all you need to garnish this deliciously moist cake.
Recipe supplied by 4 Ingredients.