Hearty Vegetable Soup
A healthy, hearty meal that's packed full of vegetables and guaranteed to keep you warm!
|Preparation time:||15 mins|
|Cooking time:||60 mins|
- 3/4 cup McKenzie's Soup Mix, rinsed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 rashers bacon, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 100g silverbeet or spinach, shredded
- To taste, McKenzie's Australian Natural Sea Salt Grinder
- To taste, McKenzie's Whole Black Peppercorn Grinder
- Grated parmesan, for serving
- Prepare soup mix according to on-pack preparation instructions and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pot and add onion, bacon, carrots, celery and garlic, cooking until onion is just tender.
- Pour in the stock, water, Soup Mix, potatoes and herbs. Bring to the boil and simmer for approximately 45 minutes.
- Add zucchini and silverbeet and cook for a further 5 minutes until vegetables are tender. Season to taste and serve with parmesan.
Recipe provided by McKenzies Australia: https://www.mckenziesfoods.com.au/recipe/hearty-vegetable-soup/