Ham and Macaroni Gratin
Fast and easy, this macaroni gratin is great for when the hungry hordes descend after a sporting match.
|Preparation time:||10 mins|
|Cooking time:||15 mins|
- 250 g macaroni
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 slices ham, chopped
- 375 mL CARNATION Light & Creamy Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- Cook pasta according to directions on packet, drain.
- Heat oil in pan, add onion, cook 2 minutes. Add ham and combined CARNATION Creamy Evaporated Milk, water and cornflour, bring to boil stirring. Add half the cheese and pasta, mix to combine.
- Spoon mixture into an ovenproof dish. Top with tomato, sprinkle with combined breadcrumbs and remaining cheese. Place under hot grill until golden brown.
This recipe taken from recipes.com.au and used with permission from
Nestlé Australia Ltd