Festive Christmas Choc Trifle
This easy to prepare trifle can be made well in advance of serving - and that makes entertaining so much easier! It's so delicious too!
|Preparation time:||15 minutes (plus refrigeration time)|
|Cooking time:||0 mins|
- 1 pkt (85g) port wine flavoured jelly
- 600mL thickened cream
- 395g can NESTLÉ Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 400g store bought dark fruit cake, cut into 2cm cubes
- 670g jar Morello cherries, drained
- 1 cup (190g) NESTLÉ Dark CHOC BITS
- 1L store bought thick brandy flavoured custard
- Make jelly according to directions on packet; pour into shallow container. Refrigerate until jelly is set.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the cream and NESTLÉ Sweetened Condensed Milk in a bowl until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Arrange half the fruit cake over base of 3L (12-cup) serving bowl. Top with half the cherries and NESTLÉ Dark Bits.
- Spoon out half the jelly and NESTLÉ Dark Bits. Top with half the custard and half the cream mixture. Repeat layering with remaining fruit cake, cherries and NESTLÉ Dark Bits, jelly, custard and cream mixture. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Just before to serving, drizzle over NESTLÉ Dark Melts.
This recipe taken from recipes.com.au and used with permission from
Nestlé Australia Ltd