An Australian classic that is easy to make and sure to satisfy!
|Preparation time:||15 mins|
|Cooking time:||20 mins|
- 2/3 cup Four Roses Plain Flour
- 1/3 cup corn flour
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 60g Duck River Soft Butter, melted
- 1 tbsp Duck River Soft Butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 2-3 tbsp boiling water
- 2 cups McKenzie’s Desiccated Coconut
- red, blue, & yellow food colouring
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 20cm x 30cm lamington tray with Multix Baking Paper.
- Sift together the flours and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugar until fluffy and doubled in size. Gently mix through the flour making sure it’s well incorporated.
- Pour the 60g butter in slowly and fold carefully through.
- Pour mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 18-20 minutes, until soft and spongy to touch. Leave to cool in tin for 10 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack. Cut sponge into 5 cm cubes.
- Stir together the icing sugar and 1 tbsp butter. Add enough boiling water to make a runny icing. Divide icing in 3 and mix in food colouring.
- Pierce the sponge cubes with a fork and dip into the icing. Dip sponge in the coconut. Place onto baking paper and leave to dry.
Recipe supplied by IGA Australia.