Duplicate of Festive Chicken with Proschiutto Stuffing
Transform an ordinary chicken roast into a celebratory meal with a proscuitto and mushroom stuffing.
|Preparation time:||10 mins|
|Cooking time:||90 mins|
- spray oil for cooking
- 1 medium (150g) onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 slices (75g) proscuitto
- 1 cup sliced (70g) mushrooms
- 1 pkt MAGGI Chicken & Herb Gravy Mix
- 3 cups (210g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1.5kg (No.15) whole chicken
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Spray a large roasting pan with oil.
- Heat a medium frying pan over medium heat; spray with oil; add onion and garlic, cook for 2 minutes, add proscuitto and mushrooms, cook for a further 2 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Add MAGGI Chicken & Herb Gravy Mix and breadcrumbs; mix well.
- Remove excess fat, giblets and neck from chicken, rinse under cold water; pat dry inside and out using paper towel. Tuck wings under, fill cavity with stuffing.
- Transfer chicken to prepared pan, spray with oil, cover with aluminium foil, bake for one hour, basting every 30 minutes. Remove foil, increase oven temperature to 200°C/180°C fan forced, bake for a further 30 minutes or until the chicken is golden and thigh juices run clear when tested with a skewer.
This recipe taken from recipes.com.au and used with permission from
Nestlé Australia Ltd