Crispy Crackling Roast Pork
This one’s a cracker favourite for the family! Perfect for the weekend lunch.
|Preparation time:||10 mins|
|Cooking time:||1 hour|
- 1.5kg boned and rolled pork leg
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 6 Red Delicious or Pink Lady apples
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Using a sharp knife, score the pork skin, all the way around, from one side to the other in 1cm parallel lines.
- Brush the skin generously first with olive oil then with lemon juice.
- Then rub the entire leg with 2 teaspoons of sea salt, rubbing it in well.
- Place the pork onto a rack in a large paper lined baking dish and roast for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 180°C and roast for a further 30 minutes.
- Lightly brush the apples with a little olive oil and season with sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Arrange in the roasting pan with the pork and roast for 30 minutes or until the pork is just cooked and the skin crispy crackling.
- Stand for 10 minutes before carving.
- Serve with the baked apples and seasonal vegetables.
Recipe provided by IGA Australia.