Chilled Fruit Salad & Nut Christmas Cake
A rich and fruity Christmas cake that can be prepared ahead of time
|Preparation time:||20 minutes|
|Cooking time:||45 mins|
- 1 cup (160g) chopped Brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup (90g) chopped dried papaya
- 1 cup (150g) chopped dried pineapple
- 1/2 cup (75g) chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup (75g) chopped dried peaches
- 3/4 cup (150g) red glace cherries, cut in half
- 3/4 cup (150g) green glace cherries, cut in half
- 1 cup (190g) NESTLÉ Milk CHOC BITS
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups (180g) almond meal
- 395g can NESTLÉ Sweetened Condensed Milk
- extra red glace cherries, for decoration
- Preheat oven to 150°C/130°C fan forced. Grease and base line a 20cm ring pan with baking paper.
- Place Brazil nuts, papaya, pineapple, apricots, peaches, cherries, NESTLÉ Milk Choc Bits, flour, almond meal and NESTLÉ Sweetened Condensed Milk in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Press mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until firm to touch. Cover with foil for final 10 minutes to prevent browning if required.
- Cool in pan; serve decorated with glace cherries
This recipe taken from recipes.com.au and used with permission from
Nestlé Australia Ltd