Butter Chicken with Vegetables
An Indian favourite, butter chicken will have everyone asking for seconds.
|Preparation time:||20 mins|
|Cooking time:||35 mins|
- 2 cups basmati rice
- olive or canola oil spray
- 500 g chicken breast fillets, cut into cubes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 sachet MAGGI World Flavours Butter Chicken
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 375 mL NESTLÉ CARNATION Light & Creamy Evaporated Milk
- 1 tsp coconut essence
- 1 tsp MAGGI Chicken Stock Powder
- 250 mL water
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 300 g orange sweet potato, diced
- 200 g snow peas, halved
- 1 bunch asparagus, sliced
- 50 g flaked almonds, toasted
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- Cook rice in a large saucepan of boiling water for about 12 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Spray a nonstick wok or frying pan with oil and heat.
- Cook chicken in 2 batches over high heat until browned. Remove from wok.
- Add onion, spice sachet and 3 tablespoons water and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes or until onion is soft. Stir in tomato paste, milk, coconut essence, stock powder, water, sugar and sweet potato and cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until sweet potato is tender.
- Add chicken, snow peas and asparagus and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until green vegetables are tender but still crisp.
- Serve on rice, sprinkled with toasted almonds and fresh coriander leaves.
This recipe taken from recipes.com.au and used with permission from
Nestlé Australia Ltd